John B. Carlson
- Criminal Defense
- Workers' Compensation
- Auto Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Faulty Prescription Drugs
- Pennsylvania, 1995
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1995
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Gannon University, Erie, Pennsylvania
- B.S. - 1992
- Major: Finance
Attorney John B. Carlson has been recognized as one of the top lawyers in the state by both the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and The National Trial Lawyers. He has been practicing law in Erie and the surrounding area for 27 years. During this time, he has represented thousands of people in need of legal help.
Attorney Carlson’s practice involves DUI defense and criminal cases of all kinds. In addition, Attorney Carlson handles civil cases such as auto accidents, medical malpractice, faulty prescription drugs, product liability and workers’ compensation cases.
Having been on the winning side of many of Erie County’s most highly publicized cases, his successes have been reported on TV, in newspapers and over the internet.
In addition to his success in the courtroom, Attorney Carlson is also recognized for his hard work and experienced bargaining skills.
While most cases can be amicably resolved before going to court, if a trial is the only way to vindicate his clients’ rights, Attorney Carlson is recognized as a lawyer who is not afraid to try cases. As demonstrated by his many trial successes, his aggressive efforts and attention to detail have resulted in innocently injured clients receiving monetary compensation and wrongfully accused citizens being rightfully acquitted.
To achieve success in the cases he handles, Attorney Carlson utilizes a unique combination of personal and professional skills. His training includes not only his college and law school studies, but an ongoing study of the ever-changing laws. Each year, he takes part in extensive legal-education courses often exceeding the requirements of the State Board. Furthermore, beyond his professional education, Attorney Carlson knows how to listen, investigate, prepare, and articulate his client’s case with the skill necessary to bring about successful results.
In a field that demands up-to-date knowledge, sound judgment, attention to detail, skilled presentation and inexhaustible energy, these characteristics personify Attorney John Carlson. So, if you or a loved one have been the victim of medical malpractice, injured in an auto accident, cited for a routine traffic offense, charged with a serious crime, or need legal assistance, call Attorney John Carlson.
Classes & Seminars
- Maximizing Value in Cases Below $100,000, PBI, 2003
- Various High School Lectures, ECBA, 1995 to 2003
- Mercyhurst University Forensic Science Class, 2013
- American Bar Association, 1997 to 1999
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1997 to Present
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice , 1997 to Present
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, 1998 to Present
- Erie County Bar Association, 1995 to Present
- ECBA Criminal Law Section, Chairman, 2019 to 2020
- ECBA Criminal Defense Section, Chairman, 2019 to Present
- Rated in to 5% of PA lawyers by PA Super Lawyer, 2020 to 2023
- Rated by National Trial Lawyer's organization as one of PA's top 100 criminal trial lawyers, 2020 to 2022